So yesterday I installed Apple’s new operating system onto my iphone 4.
Here’s what you need to know:
1. My daughter made me do it. She is actively trying to talk me out of converting over to Samsung.
2. The download and installation took two and a half hours over a BT HOME WIFI network.
3. My daughter has dynamic (moving) backgrounds on her ipad. Dynamic backgrounds are not an option on the iphone 4.
4. My screen is extremely white and bright! I have now re-adjusted the brightness setting.
5. Many icons turned black – see screenshot. App developers may soon release updates via the AppStore to correct this.
6. It will take a while to get used to the new design of many native apps. For example the calendar received a totally new design. No more rapid diary entries for me – at least until I learn my way around the new designs properly.
7. Battery drains A LOT FASTER with iOS 7 on the iphone 4. Single most annoying feature.
All-in-all, iOS 7 on the iphone 4 is a definite sideways step because there is no clear improvement in functionality or design or anything else for that matter.
Some screen shots follow: